RE: The 'ingenious ideas' about YUM

On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 01:25 -0700, Hristo Petkov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RE:
> > Removing packages in post can break including the livecd-desktop ks
> in
> > other ks (which is a recommend practice) if the other ks needs any
> of
> > the removed packages.
>
> > The yum remove in post should be removed.
>
> I am not sure what exactly 'removing packages in post can break'
> should mean, but removing 'remove' in YUM is not an idea of first
> brilliance.

It's best to learn what something means before you reply to it. :)

'post' is a section of a kickstart file - the type of file used for
building Fedora live CDs. It comes after the main operation of building
the CD is complete. Bruno simply meant that the 'yum remove somepackage'
operation in the 'post' section of the Fedora live kickstart should be
removed, he was not suggesting any change to the yum utility itself.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey