Re: Droid Sans

Hey,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/29/2010 01:41 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
>>                    So, that leaves us with finding a brave fontconfig
>> hacker to get the Japanse<>Droid issue under control, then we have the
>> major technical issues solved.
>
> I'm waiting for Nicolas to speak up.  I thought I fixed the Japanese dekstop
> issue, or at least proposed a solution last time he brought it up with me.

Apparently, he isn't on the list and is very busy with other work.
But he sent me the following message:

Concerning Droid, I think the problem with current rules is not the
rules themselves, but their ordering. I suspect that splitting the droid
fontconfig ruleset file in two (or more) with different priorities may
well fix the problem, but that needs testing and I haven't found the
time to do so right now

Of course I may be wrong and what we're trying to do with droid may just
be contrary to some assumption a bit of fontconfig code makes. But we
have not exhausted testing with current code yet.

Regards
Nicolas Mailhot