Re: Updates next steps

Adam Williamson (awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> I don't think that's actually correct. I haven't followed the latest
> FESCo meetings closely, but if I recall it correctly, back when FESCo
> first asked Bill Nottingham to take his proposal on enhanced updates
> testing further, at the same meeting FESCo explicitly chose *not* to
> move in the direction of trying to restrict updates by type or group
> them. If I'm remembering wrong or FESCo has changed tack on this
> recently, sorry.

A slight clarification; it's not (AFAIK) that FESCo chose to not move
that way, it's that they didn't choose any particular way to move. We
may still move that way.

What would be required would be some sort of actionable proposal to
implement, which is what I would think this discussion could come up
with.

Bill