Re: system-config-network

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 09:15 -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 02:41:25PM +0200, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> > On 02/20/2010 02:49 AM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > > Do we really need to keep this in the menu?  Does anyone need
> > > System->Administration->Network or Network Device Control now that we
> > > have NetworkManager?
> > >
> > I, for one, do not use N-M unless on a laptop (wired and wireless
> > interfaces). I prefer the old-fashioned way to connect and set up my
> > Ethernet interfaces. And I bet there are others.
>
> Yes, but it is confusing to new users.  We can still keep the command
> line system-config-network, I'm just advocating to hide/remove it from
> the menu of the Desktop spin for F13.  NM has matured enough that I
> think it is about time to accept it as the "one default" in the menu.

+1, I think having both network config utilities in the menus is a bad
idea. Of course, it'd be best to have whichever one is actually
appropriate to the current configuration present, but I don't think
that's possible unless we adopt some messy wrapper approach?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey