Re: Opinion of inclusion of PackageKit-command-not-found on the desktop spin

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 07:38 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I think the biggest problem for the live CD is that it gives you no idea
> when it's 'processing' (checking yum info), so if you boot live, and
> type a command that doesn't exist...you get to sit at a console that
> just says 'Command not found.' for about 3 minutes while it goes out and
> gets yum metadata. It's easy to assume it's just broken. A big help for
> updaters and future releases would just be for it to indicate that it's
> searching.

After a quick conference with Richard, I just committed a change to the
kickstart file to turn off command-not-found on the uninstalled live
image. We already turn off all the rest of PackageKit and, as you
noticed, command-not-found causes long waits because it has to download
repodata that would normally be available locally on an installed
system, but is missing on the live image.

Matthias