Re: Desktop Live DVD: diff

On 11/06/2009 02:40 PM, onkar mirajkar wrote:
Few days back I created a Ubnutu live USB. But I recognize that its not
good for my day to day use as it doesnot allow me to add my own packages
like VLC.
Is this a general problem with all Live USB as there are live dvd
creator which allows me to add my own packages.
I think its good idea to add this feature as USB is read wirte device
not read only like DVD so that user can install their own software and
customize thier live USB.

When you are witting a Fedora image on an USB device you have the option to add "live persistence", so if you install or update applications, the changes will be written. For this you will have to copy the image using the livecd-iso-to-disk script or the equivalent GUI (i.e. not with dd).