Re: Gnote 0.3.0 - includes applet and more plugins

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Matthias Clasen wrote:

Hi,

Just a quick heads up. I am now building gnote 0.3.0 for Fedora 11 and
Fedora 10.  There has been a number of important change my last mail
about gnote to this list. It now includes several plugins, ability to
spell check notes and most importantly, a GNOME applet.

I believe the only major feature left that was discussed here is the
ability to import Tomboy notes on first start which is the next item on
the developer's list along with sync abilities. Gnote is on a weekly
release schedule now (every wed) so I am sure we will be getting good
updates soon. I will keep you folks informed as we move forward.

We should probably look at switching out tomboy with gnote in the f12
panel configuration. Not sure what to do about upgrades, though.
Obsoleting tomboy wouldn't be right...

then don't obsolete it. For new installs people get gnote. For people who have tomboy and like it they can keep it. If someone upgrades and wishes to find a non-mono note app - that's what the search functions in pk/yum/yumex are all for.

-sv