Re: GDM, session support

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Bill Nottingham wrote:
Rahul Sundaram (sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
What's the plan for GDM in GNOME 2.26. Are we getting things like auto login support back?

Judging from some livecds I've seen, that's still there.

We only have timed login support last I checked. There are missing features like gdm setup as well.

I remember using gdm setup in the past mostly to change the theme, but since the new gdm is not themable (you can only change the background image and this is done elsewhere), I hardly see the need for a setup application

Count the number of times users have asked for it in end user forums and it becomes obvious that we need it back. gdmsetup did a lot more than just theme management.

Rahul