Re: Screensaver cleanup

Adam Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 06:39 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
Has there been any thought cleaning up the screen savers?

Get rid of those that were made in the dark ages and arent worth a GPU cycle on todays modern graphic cards and defaulting to more of an eye candy to enhance end-user(s)
experience.

The only ones I have in the gnome-screensaver list are: blank, random,
cosmos, fedora bubbles, gnome feet, the blue pop are squares, and the
pictures folder slideshow.  Which of these are you opposed to?

The defaults are fine they are just missing some eye candy :)

Also, we've been moving more to a model where the screen just turns off,
in the name of saving power.
That explains the bug I came across in anaconda when the screen went black after
a while and I was unable to proceed with the install  :)

So for us in the world that do have juice but dont have money :- )
( Icelanders )

How can I turn this feature off..

And this *feature* only applies to run level 5 right?

JBG
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801