Re: The desktop beyond F10

Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 11:37 -0500, Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
It would be interesting to gather some hard data about how many people rip to mp3, ogg, flac and wav, but I suspect we don't have a clean way to get this data.
Don't the various music players each have some kind of xml config file somewhere? Do these files have any information on what formats the players support? That could be a way to at least have an idea of how

Yes, 10-usb-music-players.fdi.  And I'm pretty sure rhythmbox will
already transcode to a format the player supports, but of course
nautilus won't since it doesn't care what type the device is.

Hmm, Dan (Winship), did you use Nautilus or did you use Rhythmbox? I think the feature bullet point in question was specific to Rhythmbox, wasn't it?

~m