Re: Nightly attempts of live image creation

Martin Sourada wrote:

I'd say it's rather unfortunate that the switch from xulrunner to webkit
is not synchronised in upstream gnome projects, e.g. epiphany stayed for

Hate to bring this, but Gimp is not a GNOME project.

one another release with xulrunner as its default backend (because of
still lacking features in webkit) and now I see, gimp already
switched :-/ For future it's probably better, because we will be able to
drop xulrunner and firefox in favour of smaller, but feature comparable
(when webkit-gtk implements some missing functionality), epiphany and
webkit-gtk, but the transition state will be pretty hard, since we'll
need both during that time...

From my understanding, for the foreseeable future Firefox will remain the default browser in Fedora even if we also get a WebKit powered Epiphany (pretty much for the same reason we have not used a Gecko powered Epiphany as default - brand recognition).