Re: i686 (and likely x86_64) Live image not fitting on CD

2008/9/23 Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 15:11 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>> Speaking of releng tickets, any thoughts on moving
>> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/764 forward?  I hope with that
>> we can both avoid last-minute surprises like this and make how the
>> images are produced more transparent and consistent.
>
> There has been some progress, we have some resources to use now, and
> some space to put things.  Getting it automated is going to be looked at
> after beta.
>
> That said, making a Live image is dirt simple.  It requires a rawhide
> system, and some disk space.  That's it.  Given that the desktop team
> owns the config for this (so I'm told) it would interest your team in at
> least doing some manually or requesting some done manually as we near
> deadlines (before rather than after..) (:

I had spent a bit of time on it a few weeks ago which resulted in the
gnome-games-help split and a few other bits but - I agree; we dropped
(or at least weren't watching) the ball on this lately.

I do think going forward the right way to approach this is going to be
systemic changes like changelog/%doc and even longer term localized
distribution rather than cutting functionality.  But I'll take another
look today to see whether there are some localized changes that can be
made.