Re: [Fwd: DBus Bindings for Javascript]

On 12/07/2007 02:45 PM, seth vidal wrote:
On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 14:34 +0100, Christopher Aillon wrote:
Figured I'd forward this over here, as it's pretty interesting stuff...

email message attachment (DBus Bindings for Javascript.eml)

        I've been working on writing DBUS bindings for Mozilla
        Javscript. The goal of this project is to make it possible for
        XUL and extension developers to integrate with the Linux
        desktop.

If this ever gets into fedora it defaults to off and comes with giant
flashing warnings when you turn it on. The last thing I want is some
arbitrary javascript being able to escape the browser and send messages
to the rest of my system.

This is for the JavaScript that runs as part of the browser, or in installed extensions. With system (local user) privileges. It already has full power to do whatever you can, including manually invoking dbus-send, or emailing your password information to bad guys. Of course, nobody would install an extension that would do these evil things, right?