Re: Request for inclusion of compizconfig-python and ccsm into F-8

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 15:51 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 01:28 +0800, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
Package: compizconfig-python-0.6.0-1.fc8 , ccsm-0.6.0-3.fc8
Request description: Inclusion into Fedora 8 final

Rationale:
   Compiz Fusion has been one of the major attraction to Linux lately,
and with Ubuntu already providing CF out of the box, users will expect
other distros to have it too. There no full featured configurator for
current compiz-fusion in F-8.

Impact not accepting:
   Users will have to use gconf-editor to configure compiz-fusion
manually. Marketing value might be affected.

Others:
   current compiz in F-8 uses 'glib gconf' as its configuration
backend, if FedoraProject decided to use libcompizconfig as the
configuration backend, changes are needed in desktop-effects and
/usr/bin/gnome-wm to load 'ccp' plugin instead of 'glib gconf'. CCSM
requires compiz to use 'ccp' for it to function properly.
+1

Spot, did you notice that this requires changes to desktop-effects and gnome-session? It sounds like they expect it to be part of the default install, not just an add-on to the compiz of today. Is the desktop team aware and in agreement with these changes?

Good point, I read this too quickly. :) I pull back my vote, pending
desktop team signoff.

~spot

We could include the requested packages because they alone are harmless, but not make the suggested changes to desktop-effects and gnome-session.

Mohd, what exact N-V-R's are you requesting?  I would like to inspect them.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx