Re: Status of compiz(-fusion) for KDE

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

I'm not planning to make the compiz rpm obsolete the beryl rpm, but
upstream, the two projects have merged and I don't expect the fedora
beryl rpms to see much activitiy.

Is there a reason not to obsolete beryl?
because they do not conflict with eachother so there is no reason to do it (beryl uses %{_libdir}/berly for its plugins and also use berly as binary etc. so there are no file conflicts) ... you can install beryl and use beryl-manager sto switch between beryl, compiz(-fusion), kwin and metacity.