Re: Current Xorg behavior is unfriendly at best

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On 9/18/07, Adam Jackson <ajackson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If the monitor is off, I can't talk to it, so I can't ask it what it can
do.  Note that this is something of a lie, most monitors made since, oh,
2000, will merely look like they're asleep but will still respond over
DDC if they have a power cord plugged in.

But if I can't talk to it, I'll use what's in the config file.  Do you
have an example of X not doing so?

Yes... the most frustrating part of all. As I've been trying to
communicate, xorg does _not_ use my xorg.conf when the monitor is off,
and instead uses something on the scale of 800x600 which is so large,
the necessary widgets are off screen.

You need to provide more information including your hardware and xorg configuration for others to reproduce and fix any issues. Might be better in a bug report.

Rahul