Re: Suggestions for Firefox benchmarks

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
I find Firefox on Fedora Core 7 to be near unusably slow. As such, I
am hoping for some suggestions on how I came quantify Firefox's
performance.

At present, I only have relative evidence:
On Firefox/Fedora I only have "Dom Inspector", "Adblock", and
"DownloadThemAll" where as on my much slower laptop machine
Firefox/WinXP has the same addons, plus many more with no noticeable
slowdowns.

Instead of comparing with the Windows version, go to the Mozilla website, download the vanilla Linux version version and compare with that.

Since I haven't done anything special to Firefox, I'm hoping to gather
some more objective information, possible find out if there is really
a problem.

IIRC, the slowness of Firefox is known and is because Fedora's version makes use of additional features (like Pango) but I am not sure it is measured exactly.