Re: More low hanging fruit.

Ray Strode escribió:

Seems like a good idea to me.  At a minimum we should get rid of the
getty on tty1 so we don't have the brief "Login: " flash when the screen
jumps from rhgb to gdm.

--Ray

When will Fedora drop RHGB once and for all? Seems all that's needed is already into the kernel or easily configured into it... Albeit the current mode setting is rather manual, but we could simply go with something standard such as 1024x768@32bpp, or is this value going to directly feed X resolution information? For in that case, why not make X and VT configuration part of either: boot loader (LiveCD) or Anaconda (DVD) for installation, just "like in the old days", I don't see why both resolution values have to be tied together or identical in any way...