Re: F8 desktop features

Matthias Clasen wrote:

Well, it is really just the version checklist you see when the release
goes out: comes with the latest Gnome, X, KDE, ... I assume that list is assembled anyway, without tracking every single
new version as a feature, with all the added overhead that it entails.

And I really don't think FESCO need to vote on compiz-fusion as an F8
feature.

It boils down to this. Please tell us all what you are working on. People have been asking and we need to communicate information to them. Compiz fusion might just be a version bump to maintainers but for end users it brings in major new functionality. So tell them what you are planning to do with it.

Writing a spec that follows the template and throwing in the information that is already in the thread is 10 minutes week. Sending a bi weekly status note in probably another 5. Not a big deal at all. Please do it.

Rahul