Re: shutdown compared ubuntu vs fedora

On 5/16/07, David Nielsen <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ons, 16 05 2007 kl. 18:00 +0200, skrev Valent Turkovic:
> > The logout dialog is one of the best-hated derivations from upstream
> > that you can find in Ubuntu.
>
> Hated by whom? And why? Can you explain a bit?

Pretty much anyone I've asked at least including myself. It's
non-sensical and looks out of place, if we need to redesign the upstream
dialog it should be done there with an eye to how the rest of the
desktop works and looks not in every distro.
I'm sure there's room for improvement in the default but the Ubuntu
dialog does not represent any significant added value.

I can bet that you have read Debian statements when Ubuntu came out -
they also concluded the same - but didn't bother to ask the users what
they think or want.
When Ubuntu came out the users answers were clear.