Re: Fedora 8 - more user friendly updates?

On 5/15/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>> > Isn't moving so many, apparently useful features into non default
>> > plugins diluting the apparent effectiveness of yum?
>>
>> Not moving. Adding.
>

> Thanks for the correction, but my question still stands.

No. It doesn't. Adding new features as plugins cannot possibly dilute
the effectiveness of yum. Removing features might but that depends on
the feature. For example, earlier versions of yum had a feature that
displays rss feeds that got moved into a separate utility.

Rahul

Plugins are nice, I like them. I was referring to "non default
plugins" as in those very nice plugins that aren't in by default, and
require knowledge of their existence (generally) to get to.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud