Re: Installing the Big Board part of online desktop

Colin Walters wrote:

If you'd like to try out the Big Board mentioned in that entry, see this wiki page:

http://developer.mugshot.org/wiki/Big_Board

Let us know what you think!

It have a few annoying things (which I believe you are aware already):
- on the wiki you recommend starting it by typing "bigboard" at a command prompt, unfortunaely, bigboard will not launch in the background (not even using "bigboard &") and if you close the terminal, also the application is closed. A better way is to press Alt+F2 to gett the Gnome "run" dialog and type "bigboard" there, but this leave you without a way to close the application. - if I talked about application close, is there a way to close the app without killing it? I didn't saw a "close" button. - another annoying thing is the window placement: bigboard is not the single most important item on the desktop to have it in the top-left corner of the screen, so it would be useful if it allowed me to drag the panel to the right border of the screen.

With those said, I noticed a minor problem (which again, I think you are already aware): having bigboard open, I went to my mugshot profile, noticed the addition to picassaweb to account settings and configured it. Bigboard noticed this addition to my profile only after a restart.