Re: Installing the Big Board part of online desktop

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Installed bigboard from the repo file on Fedora Core 6. The side bar on the left says "sign in to Mugshot" on three places (On top, below applications, below photos) even though I am already signed in and running.
Are you running the Mugshot client, in addition to being signed into the web site?
Introspect error: The name org.mugshot.Mugshot was not provided by any .service files Introspect error: The name org.mugshot.Mugshot was not provided by any .service files
This error seems to suggest it is not running. Try executing 'mugshot' from a command launcher.
Or perhaps you are using a very old version?

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bigboard/mugshot.py", line 226, in __get_baseprop
    return self.__baseprops[name]
TypeError: unsubscriptable object
Yeah, I see now how this bug would occur if the client was not running. We should handle this better in the near future; Havoc is doing some work to ensure that Big Board can talk to the Mugshot
server without requiring the Mugshot client UI (with the notifications).