Re: Polishing stuff - gnome-filesystem package

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Alexander Larsson wrote:

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 20:33 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:

That, and some specific things are simply better left untranslated: In
Windows, "Administrator" the user account name has been translated to
"Järjestelmäylläpitäjä" (or something resembling that). Try typing
that in a hurry, and with a little bit of luck with a non-finnish
keyboard layout

I feel for you. :)

Thankfully not really my headache, unless somebody suggests we start translating "root" account name :)

<offtopic>
That's not the first translation-hall-or-horror by MS, even worse was somewhere around Excel 3.0 when somebody had this brilliant idea of translating macro names as well (can't remember if they translated all of the language but at least the macros). Thankfully wasn't my headache either :)
</offtopic>

	- Panu -