Re: Icon Theme

Leo wrote:
Hi all,

From various replies, I notice people are focusing on the fact that
Echo is not finished and we should wait and see. There is possibility
that miracle can happen and we all want Fedora to have a popular yet
unique look. However, could you try to estimate how much time we need
to get it ready for Fedora 7 based on the number of people working on
it? I quite doubt Echo can make it within Fedora 7 time frame.  As
pointed out by David, inconsistency are one of the major issues.

A complete icon set would take time. Its a lot of work. Thats already well known.

Tango being a freedesktop project detached from any distributions will
be adopted by all upstream developers sooner or later not to mention
there are already quite a few software websites using tango
icons.

Freedesktop is a hosting space not very different from sf.net except for its desktop orientation. It is not a guarantee of upstream adaptobility. KDE most probably is not going to adopt it for example. There has been discussions about whether tango as a theme would fit into freedesktop at all though there is general agreement that a standard naming convention is a very good thing.

Rahul