Re: usability: unplugged ethernet cable on an office desktop

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) wrote:

On 15 August 2006, at 12:15, Bill Nottingham wrote:

No, you make sure the OS has the applications for your needs before
installing it. It obviously should work on all your hardware as a
matter of course. :)

All hardware is impossible to provide drivers for, as it evolves constantly. For example, it doesn't work on my MacBook stock. It doesn't like the video card. Or my ThinkPad R51's wireless.

I think that is well understood. The smiley indicated a tongue in cheek comment.

Rahul