kde menu entries

Hi,

I'm just new to this list, I searched the archive for similar postings, but didn't find anything. I've been using kde for a couple of years now, first from redhat distributions and later fedora. Currently I'm using fedora core 4.

My questions is about the K menu in FC4. I find it very cluttered and overfull.
For instance, to change a setting of some kind, you have to look in:
Preferences, system settings, system tools or Control center.

I think, although I realise matters like this one are very subjective to personal taste, that this should be made more clear. A start would be to group all programs into a less number of main categories: Applications and Settings for example. In there you could make a more subtle separation.

Bottom line of this posting is, is there anyone or a group actively involved in this stuff? I'd like to help a little if I could.

thanks!
Jozef Kruger

ps. i'm also a compiler designer, so if need be I could help out with more than just ideas

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx