Re: Keyboard switcher manual set string

Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
Hi

OK, I finally got it (with clean FC3 installation).
There is NO \'apostrophe\' variant within xorg latvian
layout (actually here is only one variant - the basic,
default one).

Yep, finaly :)

So you cannot do much about it - but add
it manually. First you have to modify
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/pc/lv - then, add to the
<variantList> in xorg.xml. Sorry...

Hmm, and I just understand that default is not:
http://www.laka.lv/tiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=3
files. In this page is mention(Mon 26 of Apr, 2004) that it is submited to X.org CVS, so I was thinkg that Federa 3 is already with those files... So how can somebody put maybe update those files to better use of Latvian keyboard? Most of Latvians use it, how I understand Debian is now using it too etc. And add option to Keyboard Indicator to have apostrophe option of dead key, most of Latvian use it (I think 90%).

Casper

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx