Re: [mail] Re: Kernel issues

then again you could, if I remember rightly that you use a dual processor, just use this link inside a rpm command (terminal, command line stuff) like
#rpm -install -v http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/kernel-smp-2.6.9-1.681_FC3.i686.rpm

if you use the 686 smp kernels (above)

if you use the 586 smp kernels use
#rpm -install -v http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/kernel-smp-2.6.9-1.681_FC3.i586.rpm

all above are ONE line commands.
or just strip off every thing after the /i386/ and look at the remaining link of
http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/
before you leap.
Also you can do a # man rpm command line to get lots of info on using the "rpm" command.
If my memory is like I think it could be, please investigate above links before using them--I just might have gotten your smp kernel needs WRONG.
the # thingie is the root "prompt" and doesn't need to be typed in, and of course you need to have root priveleges to do this.
enough stating of the probably totally obvious stuff to you, let me know if any of this helps....................(in the world of command line usage, I think it's better to overstate then leave some stuff out that I assume everyone knows --especially for me!!--hi-hi)
..................steve (if you get the "already installed" message try the -update command with rpm---see #man rpm )

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx