Re: desktop printing

Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:

On Thursday 02 December 2004 11:13 am, Arturo wrote:

Rex Dieter wrote:

Arturo wrote:

switching from GDM to KDM, I basically had to hack (using the term
loosely) /etc/X11/prefdm script to get it to work.

adding
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
/etc/sysconfig/desktop
is a little easier.

-- Rex

I'm not sure if you've actually tried this, but it doesn't work. And
reviewing the prefdm , I  can't seehow it's suppose to work at all. And
I'm not the only who this did not work for. Obviously I may easily be an
isolated information. Here's a link to a thread I had started on the
issue:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201201&h
ighlight=prefdm
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201201&;
highlight=prefdm>

Peace

Hello,

In fact, if you are trying to obtain the KDE desktop upon bootup instead of getting the Bluecurve desktop by default, all you need to do is go to /etc/sysconfig/desktop and where it says "Gnome" , change it to "KDE". You need root priviledges, though.

Jeff

Honestly I wasn't tring to make this into an issue, cause I got it to work with a little help from LQ.org.....but Ithe point I was tring to brign forward is, maybe Fedora could pay a little more attention to KDE users. I could be wrong here becuase this happened since the beginning of FC2, but I did everything the tutorial I was flowing stated, to no avail. A little radiobutton in Anaconda to select primary desktop would be much apperiated.

Peace

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx