Re: how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

Julien Olivier wrote:

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 18:41, Fernando Fernandez wrote:

I think this would be a good topic of discussion. personally I would
like to see more beta software included things like: Mozilla 1.6, Gimp
version 1.3.23 evolution 1.5, even Garnome instead of gnome. After all
that isn't what fedora is about being the tip of the sword. I'd like
to hear the opinions of others on this subject.

Ouch ! I really hope Fedora will *not* become a Beta distribution. From what I have understood, it's a fast-evolving distribution, but not the point of being a crash-test.

Having the latest *stable* version of each package is enough for me.
Having the latest *beta* is too much though.

Although, it would be nice to have Gimp 1.3.x in Fedora Core... (:

It is in Fedora Extras/Testing as "gimp2", however.
http://www.fedora.us/pkglists/fedora-1-testing.html

Garrett