Re: Desktop Graphics Approval committee?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I tend to say there's a committee with one person on it,
> namely Garrett ;-)

As long as the work remains at this caliber, this is a great idea. The project clearly benefits from the consistency gained from having a clear graphics/visual leader.

> Code surely suffers from design by committee, but graphics seem to > suffer even more.

Agreed.

> The point is to be sure the defaults stay consistent and attractive, I > don't think there's any need to suppress alternate themes, though I'd > say the default install should try to keep a nice sane set of choices > that appeal to a variety of people.

Also agreed. Customization can be ok, but good defaults are an order of magnitude more important.

Keep up the good work,
Steven Garrity
steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx