FC5 -> FC6 - is a clean install or upgrade the best path?

I know this is probebly not the most appropriate list, but probably the most
informed...

I've done an "upgrade" to a new major Fedora version in the past and it
seems you are not left with all the new "bells and whistles" of the newer
version.

Is an upgrade from FC5->FC6 virtually the same result as a clean FC6 install
(and reinstall/setup of my environment)?

If clean install, how can I most easily preserve things like user accounts
etc. when all are on the same disk?

john