RE: Samba

> > Is there any plan to update the Fedora/Samba tool to include PDC
> > configuration or LDAP integration?
>
> Could be filed as RFE's in http://bugzilla.redhat.com. Might be quicker
> if you contribute patches.

I'm looking at options at the moment. I have no python experience and in
the medium term packaging the new Idealix management console as an RPM
may be a better way to go.

All in all this seem to be a low volume list and a lot of the config tools
do not seem to have made big strides from RH 9 to FC 4 with the
introduction of the LVM tool I thought there may be renewed interest in
native fedora tools.

(there has been work in areas such as the network config tool and I have
no doubt work has been done in others it's just that native config tools
does not seem to have the momentum of other areas or the same area in
other distros)

In the end I used the Idealix tools and the smbldap-installer script
from http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/

There were however still learning points around ACLs and other areas

Sorry about the double post I had a sendmail glitch