Re: multiple sound

Nguyen Danh Hieu wrote:

I"ll try to express out my problems with my poor English. Each time when I play sound, for example, listen to music, If suddenly some application alerts me so soundcard is blocked and I cannot play sound anymore. Or It's is impossible to playsound with xmms and mplayer at the same time etc... It needed multi-chanel sound. As I use now in FreeBSD virtual chanel sound, separate sound streams are mixed in kernel and we hear all them at /dev/dsp. I just want to know can we do something likeable in Linux or not.
Thank you.

Its possible by default in Fedora Core 4. Previous versions have to be enabled manually. http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php?module=Generic

Kindly note that this is not a end user list. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PostIsOffTopic

--