Re: system-config-sshd ?

FWIW, I got a lot of mileage out of taking a look at the source of
existing Fedora glade/pygtk tools (like system-config-users) and playing
around with Glade to make simple applications before diving headfirst
into the deep end of creating anything complicated... there's a nice
Glade 2 tutorial at
http://www.kplug.org/glade_tutorial/glade2_tutorial/glade2_introduction.html (it doesn't mention Python but it does give a nice overview of how to use Glade to contruct your UI elements).