samba, konqueror, nautilus

hi, I am using gnome desktop and i cannot access my Windows system
through nautilus.  Konqueror on the other hand is perfectly fine.

Nautilus asks me for name, domain and password which allows me into my
Windows shares, but when i try to open the shares, I get this message:

" The filename "CV" indicates that this file is of type "folder". The
contents of the file indicate that the file is of type "unknown". If you
open this file, the file might present a security risk to your system.

Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received
the file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to the
correct extension for "unknown", then open the file normally.
Alternatively, use the Open With menu to choose a specific application
for the file. "

I have also tried using nautilus on kde with no success.  This is very
irritating as I would rather use nautilus, any ideas?

Just to add, when I look at permissions of the Windows share in nautilus is says:
The permissions of XXX could not be determined.

thanks

JW