Re: GRUB Annoyances

Bougie, Mike SCAN-- wrote:

Hi everyone,

relative newb to Fedora/Linux in general, and I have a question re. GRUB. I just installed FC3 on my rig (AthlonXP1600 1.15 Ghz, 512 meg DDR400, 120 Gb WD HDD, 60 Gb Maxtor, MSI KTV4L mobo), on which I also have WinXP. When installing, which went fine once I partitioned properly, I set WinXP to default boot because my lady still likes Windows, and I like to play the occasional game. I am planning on migrating fully to Linux, but I have a problem:

Ever since I updated the FC3 kernel recently, my default boot has changed from WinXP to FC3.

How can I change it back?

Mike

Tring using the system-config-boot GUI utility that comes with Fedora. That's its sole purpose, i think :)

/usr/bin/system-config-boot

It comes from an rom package of the same name.