Re: Sound Card

Hello,
I have a via chipset via82xxx for my sound card.
>However, I have a stricky  noise on the channel .

>This is a known bugs :
>http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg08159.html

>Could we fix this in the system-config-soundcard ?

>Best Regards,
>Jean-Marie Renouard

FWIW..
George Breese wrote a program for this problem. its for Windose but maybe he could help someone do something for Fedora.
The problem seems to be PCI Latency. there is also another program he wrote to turn off "turbo" mode on Soundblaster cards. this is also for windows .
I have used both programs and they both helped the crackling in the sound card and some other problems descriped on his site..link below.
This may or maynot help just thought I would throw it out.
http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/