Re: Firewall Config Tool

2004-08-30, h keltezÃssel 15:38-kor Bastien Nocera ezt Ãrta:
> Why start a new project, when you could instead integrate Firestarter in
> the distribution?
>
> http://firestarter.sourceforge.net/
>
> One thing that could be done is integrating Fieryfilter in firestarter.
>
> Fieryfilter does the same kind of job Firestarter does, but with GUI
> feedback, much akin to what Windows firewalls do:
> http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/users/lennart/projects/fieryfilter/
>
> Another thing that could be integrated would be wondershaper:
> http://lartc.org/wondershaper/
> And the only config option for that tool, the network speed, could be
> detected automatically with a page like:
> http://promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/test_0150.asp
>
> But integrating Firestarter to have GUI feedback, and an "easy setup"
> option (much like the current firewall in anaconda, or in MacOS X) would
> be a much better option.

...snip...
One reason is the following.
Quote from fedora.redhat.com:

The configuration tools are written with the following development
tools:
      * Python2.2 - for general development
      * PyGtk2 - for the graphical user interfaces
<<<<<

An other reason is that I like iptables as it is, but I also like
clicking with the mouse.
So I try to write a Python program controlled by mouse and reflecting
iptables.

Peti