Re: vsftp behind firewall

PÃ ty , 15/06/2004 klokka 09:52, skreiv Kiss GÃbor:
> Dear All,
>
> we have a Linux server behind an adsl router. The router can forwarding the
> linux ftp port. The ftp server in our intranet is working fine. From outside
> (from internet) I can log in to the ftp, but if I made an ls command, it
> hangs up. After timeout I got the following error:
> 500 Illegal port command.  I have tried it passive and not passive mode too.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thanx
> GÃbor

Probably not for this list, but..
The default for most servers is passive mode, don't know about this.
Then you have to open a port range like 5000-5200 and specify it in the
configuration file for the ftp server.
Not passive mode is active mode. Which you specify with the command
'ACTIVE' when you are logged in to the server.

-gaute