Re: Fedora Core 2 - Unique Idenifiers During Duplication

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 20:14 -0400, Jason wrote:
> I have a need to massively duplicate a robust FC2 image into many
> machines of exactly identical hardware. Assume all packages are
> installed. Besides IP, hostname and possibly OpenSSL's RSA key pair;
> can you think of any other unique items that might be required or good
> to change after Ghosting the image?

Why ghost them? use kickstart and make sure firstboot is installed. Then
all of that information can be setup via firstboot.

kickstart will be just as fast as ghost and if you find the hw changes a
little bit down the road - kickstart doesn't need to be redone to
compensate.

it just works.

-sv