Re: confg-kickstart web interface

> Remote configuration from a ks / network install server,  escpecially
> for MS boxes looking to migrate to linux or dual boot.  The ks file
> would then be delivered via CGI to the network installation.

We have a simple cgi that does this now. We have stubs of files that are
matched with 'types' of systems.

then the types are matched to hostnames.

so the kickstarting host points at the cgi, the cgi looks at the
hostname, matches it to the system 'type' then  assembles the full
ks.cfg from the stubs and hands it back to the requesting system.

works nicely and means no messing about with ks.cfg or removable media
(we do all installs via  pxe)

-sv