From: fedora-config-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-config-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laercio Xisto Braga
Cavalcanti
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 10:55 AM
To: 'Discussions about configuration tool development'
Subject: RE: How to configure monitor of my notebook toshiba with fedora

Hi,

Thanks for your help, but it didn´t work.
My system didn´t recognise the command redhat-config-display, nor
system-config-xfree86, nor system-config-display.
I try redhat-config-xfree86 but there are no option to configure the screen
size and if I choose the recognized monitor (Toshiba TOS5082) and adapter
(Trident Cyber 9525 generic) it don´t work, i.e. the size of the screen
remains less than the monitor size (14´1).
Can it be a consequence of an incorrect bios setup?
Do anybody knows how to enter setup because after I installed Fedora, I
press F2 type password and receive the following screen:

Valid password entered, system is now starting up.
Select boot device
[C]: CD-ROM
[F}: FDD
[B]: Built-in HDD
[D}: Default SUSTEM SETUP Device
Press [C],[F],[B] or [D].

I tryed all these options and none of them work.

Regards,

Laercio.