Re: [Fedora-config-list] Importance of install/remove/update by group interface

On Thursday 13 November 2003 17:49, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> The short summary is that I think that starting with just the existing
> code is going to  make things far more painful than they should be.
> Stepping back and looking at the big picture and going from there
> instead of trying to hijack in things that were never intended to exist
> is the wrong approach.  Also, I would like to move things to where we
> don't have four different tools for the same basic thing and can have it
> as consolidated into one tool as much as possible.  I'd far rather get
> things done right, even if it takes longer, than continue the hacks like
> I've been doing thus far :)

Good!!

Now my question is if one of the four packages being merged is up2date.
Unless I minunderstand the size and complexity of the needed package merging
at least the functionality of redhat-config-packages and up2date, this will
be a large endeavor which may need to be done in two stages (release cycles)
where some/lots of up2date functionality is there but up2date still exists as
a separate package.
--
Gene