Re: Using Pen Pot for Fedora Design artifacts

Hi Mairin,

Just watched your session, Penpot is really awesome.

Actually, I've recently joined Fedora and am interested in UI/UX designing and I'm quite comfortable with Figma(& React.js) and Petpot seems like a better Figma.

Is there any way I could be of your help? I am actively looking for something to contribute to.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 9:10 AM Benson Muite <benson_muite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/6/21 9:45 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> If you watch today's Fedora Design team call [1], you'll hear and see a
> little discussion of a new open source UI wireframing and prototyping
> tool called PenPot. It's created by the folks who make Taiga, which is a
> tool we've used in Fedora before. It is a hosted, browser-based app that
> runs great in Fedora, and you can check it out here:
>
> https://penpot.app/ <https://penpot.app/>
>
> I am trying out this tool to wireframe the redesign for the main Fedora
> website and create formal brand guidelines for the new Fedora logo. I
> set up a Fedora Design team on the main server at penpot.app. If you
> would like to join this team, let me know :)
>
> Note this tool isn't meant to replace our usage of Inkscape, especially
> for illustrations, logo designs, print layouts, etc. But it is a very
> well-designed tool for UI mockups so I personally will be testing it out
> more for Fedora UI mockups.
>
> Let me know what you think!
Thanks for the information about this tool.