Re: Fedora design video hangouts

Hey Ella!

On 1/7/21 8:11 AM, Ella Daniels wrote:
I would love to join, too, if the time difference allows it :)
If not, would the meetings be recorded?
That I'm not sure of. I think we'd need the consent of all the participants to do it. I didn't record any of the pre-holiday sessions because I wanted to keep it kind of informal & loose, but I'd be open to recording at least some of the sessions if all participating were agreed or if we marked it as a session to be recorded ahead of time so folks not comfortable being on camera could either plan not to attend or watch with camera off or something like that.

I think sometimes when recording is on, folks act a little differently *or* they forget and then regret when the recording gets posted (not for any bad reasons or anything like that).

I know having recordings helps with accessibility though across timezones. One potential solution would be something like on Twitch where a stream recording is available for say a few days after the live session then expires and goes away. That might be a good solution?

We could also do something like the Fedora Social Hour where the time block is staggered every other session so if you can't make one block logistically the other could be feasible?

What do you think?

Cheers,
~m