F31 and beyond theming

Hi,

Now where F30 aka Fresnel is in a stage, where it becomes acceptable as theming for our always awesome looking distribution its time to speak about the future.

I think the way we do with the voting and following the letter scheme with inventors works so far fine for us. But there are some negative things:

a) it might be just me but I have the feeling, that the timing isnt right anymore. We have lesser time to work on ideas we have and finalize them.

b) people still want their saying in it, I filter out votes from outside the design team

For a) I might have a solution, we just start earlier with the voting process. We could already start for F31 now and have the result before F30 is released. That should give us more time and we even can vote for F32 already what would give as even more time. Time we might need in the future but also bringing some other things back. The need for release banners and stuff like this is still there but it always depends on the progress of the work. I mean we finished a banner for F29 just a week ago, so way after the release itself. And the future might bring us even more work.

So if you can agree to this, I already have prepared the votings for F31 and F32, so opinions?

for b) I have spoken a while back with Mo already of this, but she was not convinced. Looking back into our past, the problem we had with the "codenaming" was simple that the line in the table "possible design ideas" was nearly never filled and it became more and more crazy with the names then and we had an harder and harder job. So the problem is not finding a name as more for us the name is a starting point which we have to connect to an visualisation. So people want to have their saying and we want also ideas not just the vote for a name. The solution for this is let them vote when they give as an visual idea for it. But there the limitations of the way I so far use start. It is possible to add an upload field to google forms the uploads go to my google drive, as on google always size is not an issue, I can let them upload until 1TB,  the problems are you have to do with your google account and we have to find a way how we as design team can look at it. Should be not the problem I can share the folder with the team. Problem is more its legally a greyzone as google drive is for personal use. So in long term a small app has to do this job, its same coding effort as nuancier was, think we could convince our heros to help us.

But here more the question, do we want to test that for F31 and/or F32 how people take this? So what are the opinions?

br gnokii