Re: Fedora 26 Wallpaper

Hi Máirín!

Thank you for the kind words!

I'll take everything you have suggested on board. I'll have something more palatable and less busy for tomorrow.

>To make the waveform more complete as in the inspiration pictures from the pinboard

You just want to see how skilled I am with the path tool... heads up... I'm not!

> - I'm not sure the texture on the water is the right one. Somehow it kind of clashes
> with the radial blocks in the sky. It also kind of has (At least for me) a weird 3D kind
> of affect making the water look curved in a way that doesn't make sense. I guess,
> ripples on water need a catalyst, right? It might be neat because you have radial
> gradients in the sky, to mirror that in the water a bit with circular-ish texture on the
> water and maybe add some object to generate the waves.... or as an alternate emulate still
> water at night.

I fully understand where you are coming from in regards to the water texture. I've removed it and it looks much better. I'm going to play around with it a bit to see if I can make something more seamless instead of the jarring texture I was using before. I'm aiming for an inland lake, akin to those in the Scottish Highlands.

I'm also thinking of leaving the castle out of the design for now, purely for the sake of simplicity.

During my break I also made this draft wallpaper design, https://i.imgur.com/umD1Qsa.jpg. I quite like it's simplicity, but it reminds me of F24's default wallpaper a bit too much. I'll stick to the illustrative design.

Thank you again!
Tavis