Re: Fedora 26 Wallpaper

Here are two rough designs for wallpaper that I have been working on. I'm not particular impressed with either, but I thought I'd add them into the mix.

The first is a waveform, placed into the centre of the document, with separate Magenta and Blue layers to produce a layered effect. These are placed against a radial gradient of Fedora Blue and Fedora Dark Blue. The waveform does not have any specific meaning, I just used it to test the design.
https://i.imgur.com/JhI7CEq.jpg

The second is an illustrative design. The waveform section is of me speaking the word 'Fedora'. I created a path around the waveform to generate an outline. This has then been filled to create a hill, on which I intend to place a flat illustration of Edinburgh Castle, in reference to Alexander Graham Bell's birthplace. The reflection in the lower half of the image is also part of the waveform.
https://i.imgur.com/Dj4F9R5.jpg

I'm not particularly happy with either, as I stated above. I'm going to take the second design and tweak it to make it much more subtle and less busy. A desktop image shouldn't get in the way of the users day to day activities, which I believe this does.

I appreciate any feedback and hopefully I'll have something better to show soon.

- Tavis